Friday, December 11, 2009

Update

So....solids are a hit! Bennett is loving eating in his highchair and being at the table with the big people. The Thanksgiving/PreChristmas visit of the inlaws was lovely. We covered most of our usual Christmas traditions such as a fancy dinner out and Secret Santa exchange. All went splendidly, if a bit compact. I was of course terrible about taking pictures, so I am waiting for Sue to send me copies of her photos, then I will be able to post a few.

Next week is the last week of school for the girls. Rob is planning to go visit each of their classes during the week. Hoping that this will be a great memory for the girls.

As for Rob, he is on deployment countdown. Getting everything ready to go. As for me, well, this is the most bittersweet Christmas I have ever known. I love the holidays, but thinking about Christmas makes me cry. Everyday. I hate to think of the months ahead when I wll be virtually a single parent and my husband will be away in a dangerous place missing all of the day to day action back home. If you can't tell, I am having some trouble with all of it. Trying to put on a brave face for the kids and convince myself that I am emotionally prepared for all of it, but really I'm not sure that I am. So if you are the faithful sort, please keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Jamie S said...

Hi Lacey,

My mom is best friends with Sue and I went to school with Rob though I was a couple years older, I have checked in on your blog from time to time. I want you to know we will be keeping your family in our prayers.

Thank you to Rob and your family for your service and the sacrifice you make for our country. Thinking of you all this Christmas season!

Jamie Southworth

Shar said...

You and the kiddos and of course Rob are in my prayers EVERY DAy. Remember that just because I can't grace you with my lovey presence doesn't mean we can't talk, facebook, email, text....etc.

Love you lady! I miss you..xoxoxo.