Thursday, January 21, 2010

A long overdue visit


This past week my mom visited us. This was the first time she had met my kids or seen where I live, so needless to say it was a very eventful week. We played every game and toy we could think of, had a day of beauty, went out to dinner, showed Grammy the girls schools, bonded, shopped, threw tantrums, ate, slept (only a little), and gabbed gabbed gabbed. Man can we talk up a storm. Bennett worked really hard on getting his second tooth (contributing to the lack of sleep). And the rest of us tried to cram every last bit of life into the few days we had together. Tonight we took her to the airport and said a tearful goodbye, but are very hopeful that it will not be another 5+ years before we can get together again. I just can't possibly say how wonderful it was to have her here and for my kiddos to finally know who I am talking about when I say "Grammy" or "my mommy." I know that she had a great time too. So I would like to say "Thank You SOOOOOOO Much!!" to Carl (Mom's BF) who made it possible! That was the best Christmas present we could have ever imagined!

4 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for the pictures, looks and sounds like you guys had a great time! I've had lots of requests for blog updates of the kids, Rob, and what's up with you; with the promise of comments!! LOL! Sure have missed chatting and webbing with you and the girls. Hope we can catch up this weekend! Love you, Mom

Shar said...

WOW! Looks like you girls had some fun! And it looks like it was some fun that stuck (whats Sydney doing in the play sink??) LOL. so glad you guys had fun! Love you!

Kaelene Reel said...

Your mom looks so good. Tell I said hi the next time you talk to her. Looks like fun was had by all. :)

Lisa Bonnet said...

So glad you had an awesome visit with your mom! I imagine her heart is overjoyed to see the wonderful life and family you have! I'm sure many fun memories were made. Woo Hoo!
Hugs