Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back on the horse (so to speak)

After a few grueling days of hard core feeling sorry for myself and fighting the uncessant urge to just give up, I have put myself and my artwork back out there. Today I mailed off my artist packet to 3 more galleries in the area. I am still waiting to hear back from an arts/crafts show that I applied for months ago (word should be coming this week). Again with the fingers crossed, prayer, voodoo whatnot. I really just feel like I need some positive response from the art world. A change to show and sell my art would be a step in the right direction. As for those of you who have expressed your support - Thank you. I needed every bit of it. Its so depressing to put a piece of yourself out there to be judged by a very harsh and demanding public. So I guess mild depression goes with the territory. At least I still have both of my ears, however poorly the right one still hears.

No comments: