Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Melancholy moment...

Rob is TDY for a week. Kids are in bed early because they were being cranky. I am lonely and bored. Also anxiously awaiting news and pictures of mini-miller. I am feeling nostalgic and missing all of my friends from back home. I wish I could be there and see all of your beautiful babies. I suppose these feelings will only get worse if/when Rob goes on a 6 month deployment (which he is very likely to do after the first of the year). I guess at that point I will really be earning my stripes as a military spouse, since I have been so lucky as to not have had to endure anything longer than a couple of weeks seperation since our wedding. I have to say though that reading your blogs has been wonderful. It is so nice to know what is going on in the busy lives of people I once was close to and still consider very good friends. It's funny how we all grow up and move on, some stay in touch and others fall away. I feel like I fell away, but I never really wanted to and now long for connections that I may never be able to recover. I guess thats just the melancholy talking. I think its time for some ice cream and a comedy.

2 comments:

mandy said...

You may be far away, but we haven't forgotten about you. ;o) Blogs are a great way to keep in touch when we're all busy--I know they've been great for me as well, so keep posting--we love to hear about what goes on in your world. Still love to love ya baby.

Anne said...

Diddo from me here in Montana! I feel more connected to you now than I have in years, thanks to the blog. You've definitely been missed in our circle out here - so just know that even while you are way out East (er South? :) ) you still have a spot with us!