Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Traditions: part three

Christmas Morning. I already posted that day, but here is what happened after the silence was broken. I went to say good morning to Zoe and she bolted from her room and went through her stocking. Sydney followed shorty threafter and Zoe helped her do her stocking. I of course was up and so were Nanny and Auntie Shar, but Daddy caught a few more zzzzzz's. Then when the coffe was on and Rob came to the grown ups opened our stockings. We had a small break for food (chocolate peppermint scones and coffee and fruit) and showers, then we opened the rest of our gifts. We emerged about noon from a pile of wrapping paper and boxes (which this year we tried to contain as best we could). The women folk dispersed of the mess and put all the goodies in piles while Rob made brunch (sausage,egg muffin sandwiches, berry blintzes, fruit, more coffee....). We ate and played all day. Sharlene's boyfriend Troy came up around one and hung out for a while til they left for his families. A darn good day if you ask me. My camera just couldn't keep up but here are a couple I took before the chaos overtook me:








No comments: