Friday, August 29, 2008

Anxiety Attack

Ok, well, not exactly an anxiety attack, but something akin to panic. You see, today I took three pieces of my current collection (check it out on my website: www.abstractinfusion.com - it takes forever to load so be patient) to a gallery here in oklahoma city called 50 Penn Place Gallery. Here is the scoop. It is run by 13 artists who vote on what artists will be accepted as guest artists at a monthly meeting. I sent in my artist packet with my resume and "artist statement" and a cd of photos of my work. Got a call back asking me to bring some work to a meeting. So now its there. The meeting isn't until September 3rd, but I'm already aquiver with nerves - like a small anxious dog only I won't pee on the floor. So cross your fingers, knock on wood, say a prayer, send out good vibrations, hoodoo some voodoo, gimme whatever you got in the support department because I need it. I have 27 pieces of art in this collection that I would love to clear out of my space in exchange for $$$$$. Hahaha. nervous laughter. anyone interested in owning an original Lacey Christiansen, feel free to contact me! Hahahahhahaha, more nervous laughter. Yipes. Must stop typing and try to remain calm.

1 comment:

Kaelene Reel said...

Good Luck! That's great! I was always interested in the dragon fly one. It reminds me of Caiti, such a free spirit, and she loves drangon flies.