Saturday, August 23, 2008

Doll House Blues

For my pregnant friends and thise of you with newborns, I give you this advice: If you have any desire of building a doll house for your precious little one, Start NOW! I am building a dollhouse for Zoe (4) that my MIL bought for her birthday and it has become the bain of my existance. The box says "fast, easy assembly" and I beg to differ. The box should say tenuous, tedious, and virtually never ending assembly. Now I consider myself pretty crafty and thought that this should be no problem at all. I was over confident it seems because, while I have made progress, the more I get done, the farther off the finished project seems. The worst part is that it was an involuntary project and maybe that is why it seems soooooo, well, irritating. So be forewarned. If you should plan ahead and do just a bit at a time from conception through about age 4-5 you should be well finished and your child can enjoy tearing your hard work to shreads in a more timely fashion. So here I am avoiding the dreaded doll house. Now that I am stuck ranting about it I keep thinking how I would be making more progress to go work on it than to sit here droning on about how I hate working on it. So I suppose in the next little while I will have to pick myself up by the proverbial bootstraps (since I, of course, am not wearing any shoes) and get to work. In the words of Julie Andrews/ Mary Poppins "well begun is half done." So off I go. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

mandy said...

I seem to recall a butterfly painstakingly made with glue and glitter that someone gave me...I'm sure that if she can conquer that tedious project a dollhouse won't be a problem. ;o) Glad to see you have joined the land of the bloggers! I'm afraid my brain isn't ready to contemplate dollhouses, but I admire your courage! ;o)

Lacey said...

That butterfly must have come from me but I can't reacll it. Must be all the glue....