Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Strangers at the door?

Last night after dinner I put the kids in their pjs and decided that we could all sit down and watc h a video together. Not 15 minutes into the movie there was a ring at the bell. I never answer the door if I am not expecting someone especially after dark because I am paranoid (or well brought up - never answer the door to strangers, blah blah blah). So I didn't get up, but the kids started running around screaming so whomever was out there knoew we were inside. Then another ring and another the kids were frantic so I got up and causiously opened the door. It was Rob. Home early. The kids were beside themselves and couldn't figure out what to do first. It was very nice to have him home even if he did have to get up early this morning to go to work again. With any luck he will be home at a decent hour tonight and we have a four day weekend together. Something to be thankful for.

1 comment:

mandy said...

Sounds like you need to drill yourself a peephole in that door. ;o) Glad you guys will be able to spend Turkey Day together. Happy Thanksgiving!