Friday, May 8, 2009

Tah-Dah!







Here are some pictures of my very first knit baby blanket. I got the pattern and materials for Christmas, started some time in January and finished mid-April. I know that this is actually very fast for knitting a blanket, even if it is a small one. However, my hormone driven nesting instincts kept nagging me that I was dreadfully behind in all things baby and must hurry up and get eveything done. This has become a pretty routine feeling for me, but nevertheless I give in to its powers and work my fingers to the bone to get everything done as well and as quickly as possible. Consequently, this may be my very last knitted baby blanket because of all the anxiety I caused myself while making it. Man, I'm really uptight. In the end it worked out nicely though, the blanket turned out well and I am pleased with the effort.

No comments: