Friday, July 31, 2009

Art Exhibition

Today is the opening of an "Art House" exhibit at the Atlanta International Airport that I am participating in. At least one (up to five that I submitted) small painting of mine is included. Another cool thing about it is they are also publishing a book with the included art. So if you are fliyng through Atlanta between now and Sept. 4th check it out. Or look for the book, but I'm not sure what it will be called. It's put together by Art House and the project was called The Canvas
Project 2 - Encyclopedia. Participants signed up and were sent 5 3x3" canvases and 5 random words to illustrate as they see fit and then they sent them back to Art House. At least one of the paintings from each submission are included in the show and book. They are also for sale. Pretty cool deal if you ask me. If you are interested in doing some artwork of your own and participating in an Art House project check them out at: www.arthousecoop.com . I am pretty excited about having my art in the public eye and really stoked about it being published (I even preordered the book - waiting patiently for it to arrive!)

No comments: